Thursday 12 September 2013

Milan Nare's affidavit complaining demands for Rs. 9 lakh bribe by the Management of Ambedkar School, Mapusa



AFFIDAVIT  
I, the undersigned Mrs. Milan A. Nare, wife of Mr. Anant V. Kaushal,  29 years, married, service, Indian National, resident of
H. No. 16/2 Nagve Valpoi Sattari-Goa, do hereby solemnly state on oath as under:-

1.     I, say that I have completed the B.A. degree with English-Economics subjects from Govt. College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Sankhalim-Goa, with the First Class (62%) in the academic year 2005 and B.Ed. from Nirmala Institute of Education, Panaji-Goa, with the First Class (65%) in the academic year 2006-07. I have also completed the M. A. part-I from the Goa University with the second class. And then the M.A part-I and II from the Shivaji University, Kolhapur with pass class.
2.     I have teaching experience of four years. I have taught in H.B.D Govt. High School, Thane-Sattari Goa from 4TH June 2007 to 20th April 2009.
3.     I state that I have been teaching in Dr. Ambedkar English High School Dhuler/ Cuchelim from 08/o6/2009 till date.
4.     I say that presently I am working as trained undergraduate teacher on probation basis and the Manager Mr. N.G. Akhargekar is intends to terminate my service and is demanding an amount of Rupees 9,00,000/- ( Rupees nine lakh only) for confirming my service/post in the said school. I say that this is my Second Year of probation but till date the manager Mr. N.G. Akhargekar has not maintained my service book instead insisting me to buy a service book  and give it to the school.

5.     I state that Mr. Vivek Pawar, Ex- Manager of Dr. Ambedkar English High School, Cuchelim called me in the school through Mr. Anant V. Kaushal and Mr. Vivek and Mr. N.G. Akhargekar requested me to join their newly opened school at Shetyewado Dhuler- Mapusa as English teacher. They told me that the school was started for poor-migrant students who are weak in English subject. Hence they were in need of a good trained English teacher. And the manager assured me to give the permanent post within 15 days.
6.     I further state that as per their request, trusting them I joined Dr.  Ambedkar English High School on 08/06/2009.
7.     I further state that the management had not informed me anything about the monetary contribution that I had to give to the management while requesting me to join in Dr. Ambedkar English High School at Shetyewado Dhuler.

8.     I state that on 13/03/2010 Mr. N.G. Akhargekar asked me to give Rupees 20,000/-(Rupees twenty thousand only) for repairing and renovating of a room for opening of class VII at Shetyewado-Duler which is his residence. At this I told him I didn’t have so much money to be given. He said that I should give him at least some refundable amount else he would have to close the school and urged me to get the amount. So I handed Rs. 15,000/- ( Rupees fifteen thousands only) to him on 15th March 2010 at 1.30 pm.
9.     I state that in March 2011 then the Chairman and the present Manager Mr. N. G. Akhargekar told me that ‘you are a senior teacher, you need to run the school and hence you have to give 80% of your salary as contribution for the construction of school building at Kuchelim and took Rs. 30,000/- (Rupees thirty thousand only) from my salary. The said amount was taken by then the Manager Mr. Vivek Pawar on 23/03/2011 at 9.30 a.m. And the present Manager Mr. N.G. Akhargekar took Rupees 1, 20, 000/- (One lakh twenty thousands) from my salary on 25/04/2011 at 1.45 pm for the construction of school building at Kuchelim.

10.                        I further state that the Manager Mr. N. G. Akhargekar has not     
          paid me for 11 months i.e. from
  08/06/2009 till 12/11/2009  = 05 months
  06/06/2010 till 17/08/ 2010 = 2.5 months
  07/06/2011 till 22/09/2011 = 3.5 months.

11.I further say that when the school building was ready in June 2011 and the school got the N.O.C. to fill the permanent posts, Mr. N. G. Akhargekar called a staff meeting on 18/06/2011 at 10.35 am in the new school building at Cuchelim  and demanded Rs. 6,00,000/-(Rupees Six lakhs only) from me for giving permanent appointment. He asked me to deposit Rupees 6,00, 000/- ( Rupees Six lakh only) either in the society’s account or to hand over to him within four to eight days. He also told that, he would appoint somebody for the permanent post who would give the demanded amount first.  I told him that I din’t have money as he had not given me permanent post as he had assured and won’t be able to give such a big amount. Then Mr. N.G. Akhargekar tried to deceive me by not advertising my subject i.e. English on the advertisement published on The Navhind Times dated 01/07/2011. So that I won’t be left with the scope to apply for the post at all.

12. I say that I along with my colleague Mr. Anant V. Kaushal and Miss Amita A. Jadhav (then Marathi teacher),  brought this fact/injustice to the notice of a Scheduled Caste NGO-‘YUGNAYAK’ on 05/ 07/2011 and also to orally informed the Education Department on 06/08/2011. When the dept. intervened, and YUGNAYAK, parents and Students agitated on 06 & 07 July 2011, condemning injustice meted out to me, the ex-Chairman Mr. N. G. Akhargekar, gave written assurance for regular appointment to me vide letter No. DAEHS/Anant-K & Milan N./Assu. reg. appoint/2011-12/241 dated 07/07/2011. (Copy of the same is attached for your perusal use.)
13. Then the regular posts were advertised for the second time on daily ‘Gomantak’ (Marathi Newspaper) on 03/08/2011. As per this advertisement interview was conducted on 11/08/2011 in the presence of Dy. Education Officer, North Education Zone Mapusa-Goa. After that the chairman again demanded Rs. 4, 00, 000/-( Rupees four Lakh only) for giving appointment order. Then I approached the Education Department and as per the Education officer’s instruction the Chairman issued me the appointment order on 19/09/2011.The conditions stated in the appointment orders are self explanatory. Some conditions are undemocratic and unconstitutional.

14. I say that while selecting for the post and maintaining seniority I am kept second in the selection of merit list although I worked for two years in the same school. Mrs. Sahirabanu Jamadar has completed the B. Ed course through correspondence and was new in the school and she was also over age (42 years old) for securing employment at the time appointment but she is ranked first in the merit of seniority.  This is injustice done towards me.

15. I further state that, I gave appointment acceptance letter on   23/09/2011. Then onward till date the Ex-Chairman and the Present  Manager Mr. N.G. Akhargekar has been giving memos alleging and harassing me and says if at all I don’t  want memos  then  I will have to pay an amount of Rs. 9, 00, 000/- ( Rupees Nine Lakh only).
16. I state that, the said Manager Mr. N.G. Akhargekar also interferes in my day-to-day duties. He also threatens students asking them not to converse with me.

17. I state that as he repeatedly and orally demands Rs. 9, 00,000/-(Rupees Nine lakhs only) from me now and then; he disturbs me and hinders in my duties.

18.  I further state that the Manager has also warned the clerk not to receive any correspondence from me.

19. I say that the manager N.G. Akhargekar is purposefully trying to defame me and degrade my image in the eye of the parents and the society with the motive of getting (Rupees 9, 00,000/-Rupees Nine Lakh only) bribe.


20. I say that the management of the school consist of a family and close relatives dominating the school and trying to play with life of others for monetary gains. The management consist of Mr. N. G. Akhargekar, Manager, Mrs. Rajeshree Pawar, Chairman, (Daughter of Mr. Akhargekar)  Mr. Vivek Pawar, Ex- Manager and present member ( Son in law of Mr. Akhargekar) Mrs. Bharati Akhargekar, membe( Wife of Mr. Akhargekar )



21. I state that throughout my educational life i.e. from the primary level till B.Ed. I have been the best student and even today I am sincere to my duty and towards my life having good moral character.

22.I say that I am enclosing copies of advertisements, assurance, appointment letter, office note, memos and replies.

23. Whatever I have stated in this Affidavit is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. . I humbly request the honourable Director to look into the matter and give me justice as early as possible.

 23. I have executed this Affidavit to be produced before the   
     Honourable Director of Education, Directorate of Education,  
    Porvorim- Goa, for getting justice.



                                                                                 DEPONENT

Place: Mapua
Date: 26/02/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment